The Laura Ingalls Wilder Park and Museum in Burr Oak is seeking candidates for the 2023-2024 “Little Miss Laura” and “Young Almanzo” contest.
A candidate fills out an application form, writes an essay and returns them to the museum address listed on the form by June 5. It is suggested that a candidate live within a reasonable driving distance to Burr Oak, as they will be asked to attend museum fundraisers and additional activities throughout the year.
- To have a good knowledge of Laura Ingalls Wilder and pioneer times.
- Must be available to appear in parades in our area.
- Lillte Miss Laura applicants must write an essay on Laura, and send to the museum along with her application.
- Young Almanzo applicants must write an essay on Almanzo, and send to the museum along with his application.
- Must be available June 24th for our “Laura Day” celebration to interview with a panel of judges. The selection will be announced during the afternoon of the “Laura Day” celebration.
- Applicant must be between the ages of 9 and 12.
- Applicant must have her own costume to wear for interview with the judges and at appearances during the year.
All applicants will receive a T-shirt from the museum, and appear in the parade at and join in activities of our “Laura Day” celebration, June 24.
The person selected “Little Miss Laura” will receive a $25 gift certificate to use in the museum’s gift shop.