The 60th Annual Winneshiek County Dairy Banquet will be held Saturday, April 1, at the Festina Community Center with food being served from 7 to 8.
Following the banquet, awards will be received and the 2023 Little Miss Squirt, Little Mr. Herdsman and the Winneshiek County Dairy Princess will be crowned. Tickets are available at the door the evening of the event.
The Board is seeking nominations for the following awards:
* Outstanding Young Dairy Producer – The award honors young dairy farmers, age 40 and younger, who have excelled in management, production and respect within the dairy community.
* Distinguished Service – This award can be anyone who has made a huge impact or contributions to the dairy industry in Winneshiek County.
* Distinguished Dairy Family – A family award in which the entire family must be involved in the dairy farm, local youth programs and a strong supporter of the dairy industry.
* Pioneer Dairy Producer – The producer has made a significant contribution to the dairy industry. This person(s) must be no longer involved in the production of milk.
* Dairy Promoter of the Year – This award is given to businesses or individuals, who are strong supporters of REAL dairy products in the community or their business.
* Dairy Employee – This award is designed for an employee on a dairy farm who has gone above and beyond to achieve success for his or her employer.
* Scholarships – College scholarships will be awarded to eligible students pursuing an agriculture related career.
In addition, the Winneshiek County Dairy Promotion board is seeking candidates for Little Miss Squirt, Little Mr. Herdsman and Winneshiek County Dairy Princess. The deadline for candidates is March 1.
The Little Miss Squirt and Little Mr. Herdsman contestants must live in Winneshiek County or the family may be employed in Winneshiek County. She/He must be between 9 – 11 years old on or before March 31, 2023 and active in the dairy industry. Dairy Princess candidates must live in Winneshiek County or the family may be employed in Winneshiek County.
For scholarship applications, award nomination forms or royalty candidacy applications, please email winneshiekdairypromoters@gmail or stop at the Winneshiek County ISU Extension Office to get forms.
All nomination forms must be returned to the Extension Office or a member of the Winneshiek County Dairy Promotion board by March 1, 2023.