By Kate Klimesh,
Winneshiek County Engineer Lee Bjerke noted several projects would be letting for bids with the Iowa DOT Tuesday, Dec. 20. Many of those projects would be included in the 2023 Winneshiek County Construction Plan starting spring of 2023, as final contractors are available and as weather permits.
“For calendar 2023 we have quite a bit going,” Bjerke noted. Below is a list of upcoming projects.
• 175th Street/265th Avenue, also known as the Golf Course Road.
• Calmar, from U.S. 52 to Co. Rd. B16. This project is slated for Portland Cement Concrete resurfacing, currently under contract with Concrete Foundations (Croell), anticipated start April 2023. Once established, detours will be marked – watch for signs.
Four bridge replacements will be letting bids for replacement. Since these bids have not come in from contractors, dates for construction are not finalized.
• BR# 237 replacement on 210th Street west of U.S. 52 in Calmar Twp. – Dec. 20 bid letting at IDOT.
• BR# 26 replacement on 295th Avenue south of Highway 24 in Jackson Twp. – Dec. 20 bid letting at IDOT.
• BR# 373 replacement on North Bear Road in Highland Twp. – Dec. 20 bid letting at IDOT.
• BR# 317 replacement on Wren Valley Road in Pleasant Twp. – January/February bid letting, locally. This bridge was closed to traffic Nov. 3, 2022, due to its deteriorated condition.
Note: Detours on gravel routes that do not have a designation will generally not have posted detours.